Sunday, March 23, 2008

Souls of peoples, continued..

The other day, I noticed a posting on another blog called Whithey's Big Adventure. It's really about foreigners having lived in Norway for too long, but it really sums up us Norwegians:

You know that you've been in Norway for too long when...

* You start believing that if it weren't for Norway's efforts the world would probably soon go under.

* You buy only your own drink at the bar, even when you are with a group of people.

* You're not surprised if the person in front doesn't hold the door open for you.

* When a stranger on the street smiles at you, you assume that: a) he is a drunk, b) he is insane, or c) he is American

* You think there is no such thing as bad weather, only bad clothing.

* You usually eat lunch at 11 am and dinner at 3 pm.

* You can prepare fish in five different ways without cooking it.

* You spend all your spare time in the great outdoors whatever the weather.

* You dress up for social occasions, dress down for work.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I guess 1 year is enough... I can recognize everything, besides the fish part.... I know the ways but I cannot do it practically. So I guess I am safe....

Anonymous said...

I found out that a few of them can be associated to England as well. Are you ready???

Quenut said...

I thought they were quite striking, except, as you mention, the one about the fish. But some of the other I've really noticed as I've been living abroad - they become really obvious and glaring as we Norwegians interact with people from other countries and nations..

And I guess a few of them can be said about people from a lot of places.

I am totally ready to go to the UK!! It might be a great opportunity to catch up with some good friends I have over there ;)