Monday, March 24, 2008

Hot dogs and loose teeth..

I read an hilarious story in the newspaper today.

After a wet night out on the town in Tromsø in northern Norway, a guy was lining up to get himself a hot dog in a deli. Either he was really hungry, or just plain rude. In any case he tried to sneak in the line, much to the dismay of the lady in front of him, who turned around and punched him in the teeth. Passing a police patrol a little later, the offended reported the angry lady, who was then brought to the police station where she spent the night. She was later given a fine of 8000 Norwegian Crowns, or about £800.

I certainly do not miss angry ladies ready to punch me in the mouth, but I do miss those Norwegian hot dogs. You don't get them here in the Czech Republic, and I do not think I'll find them in the UK, where I'll be moving soon.

No comments: