Thursday, August 16, 2007

Angels and Norwegian princesses


As I am currently not living in Norway, I don`t really follow the Norwegian news as closely as I normally would. Right now, that makes me really, really happy.

Before, I kind of thought that Norway being a monarchy is a good thing. Even though it is an antiquated form of government, it is something that unites us Norwegians. And up until now, I always thought the Royal Family were pretty good ambassadors for Norway. Now, I`m starting to have some serious doubts about just that.

One of the top stories in the Norwegian news right now is the Norwegian Princess` "angel-school". Students of this school, which by the way had its opening day today, are being promised that they are guaranteed to get in touch with angels only after a few weeks. Her Royal highness Märtha Louise herself, of course, claims to be some kind of psychic, and has for a long time been able to even communicate with her horses on "a deeper level", whatever that means. With this new school of angels, the Norwegian royal stupidity reaches new heights, even topping the Princess` and her husband`s book publishings.

No comments: